Helen R. Walton Children’s Enrichment Center will continue to provide high-quality early education for 240 children, while serving as a model facility in both its building and program design in order to show what childcare centers can achieve for families, affordably.
The new Children’s Enrichment Center will feature:
- A layout designed with children in mind to evoke curiosity and foster learning.
- Blurred lines between indoor and outdoor learning.
- The first early childhood program in the nation designed and constructed with an emphasis on a toxic-free environment using only the safest building materials.
We are partnering with Northwest Arkansas Community College (NWACC) to provide a lab school for their Early Childhood Education Program to empower students entering the field through real-life lab learning experiences.
The Early Childhood Initiatives Center will include a:
- Training center to allow early childhood professionals to participate in training, view teacher-child interactions, and discuss observations.
- Library, resource center, and technology hub.
- Collaboration room to promote continuous improvement, best practices, and innovative solutions as a catalyst for change.
Architect of Record
Hight Jackson Associates
Local Architect Partner
Harrison French & Associates
Located on J Street adjacent to Crystal Bridges and the Scott Family Amazeum